Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese martial art. The Tai Chi
training forms are low-impact aerobics taught for their many health benefits.
- Tai Chi is suitable for all ages, from youth to seniors.
- It increases flexibility.
- It improves balance, stamina and agility.
- It increases mental and physical strength.
- It is easy to learn.
- It has gentle and circular movements.
- It integrates the body and mind.
- Tai Chi is known to help with arthritis pain.
Concentrating on correct posture and breathing control, Tai Chi's
movements are fluid, graceful and well balanced, promoting the
complete harmony of body and mind, Tai Chi provides the
mental relaxation and physical fitness so essential in our modern
Tai Chi builds balance, agility and strength, mental and physical,
from within. Softness is stronger than hardness, moving in a
curve is better than a straight line, yielding is more efficient
Articles on the health benefits of Tai Chi:
Mayo Clinic - Stress Reduction with Tai Chi
Science Daily - Tai Chi Benefits For Arthritis Shown
WebMD - Tai Chi for Arthritis Relief
WebMD - Tai Chi May Ease Arthritis Pain (2009-06)
WebMD - Tai Chi May Help Control Asthma (2008-10)
WebMD - Tai Chi May Ease Knee Pain (2008-10)
Science Daily - Tai Chi Program Helps Prevent Falls
Among Older Adults (2008-08)